The mission of the Satanic Temple (TST) is to facilitate community growth, and to mobilize politically aware Satanists, secularists, and advocates for individual liberty around a common cause.
Membership is open to individuals worldwide who are dedicated to participating in, and/or identifying with the activities of The Satanic Temple.
Membership is a privilege, which is subject to renewal, revocation, or termination for a member’s failure to conduct him or herself in a manner consistent with the spirit of The Satanic Temple and its tenets.
Membership does not grant anyone the authority to act as spokesperson for The Satanic Temple as an organization.
Membership is free; however, official membership cards can be purchased with a non-refundable $25 material and processing fee (plus shipping if outside the USA).
I acknowledge that I understand, agree with, and can adhere to the membership guidelines as well as the following tenets of The Satanic Temple:
If you support our Tenets and support our Religious Beliefs, Join us, and benefit from the support of a growing community of active Satanists who share your values.
The Satanic Temple is free to join to any who are willing to name themselves as Satanic Temple membership in their county of residence (for US members. International members are free join as well). However, if you would like a formal membership card and certificate, we require a $25 processing fee. Inquiries should be directed to thesatanictemple at gmail dot com.
- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forego your own.
- Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
- People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
To purchase a membership card: